Sydney seems like the most unfulfilling place.
Of course this was posted by someone from Melbourne
Well I can’t imagine it would have been posted by someone from Sydney…
I honestly tried to think of something fulfilling or remarkable or interesting about Sydney and I couldn’t think of anything.
- galleries: Art Gallery of NSW, Museum of Contemporary Art
- major universities: University of Sydney, UNSW
- parks and gardens: Botanic Gardens, Hyde Park, Wynyard, Domain (and that’s just the CBD)
- double decker trains that go to the airport are pretty cool, and a whole lot of other public transport history
- harbour islands: Shark Island, Clark Island, Goat Island etc.
- fantastic examples of most periods of Australian architecture: convict/Georgian, early and late Victorian, Federation, Art Deco, Interwar, Modernist/International, contemporary
- café culture
- festivals: Sydney Festival, Vivid Sydney, Sculpture by the Sea, Tropfest etc.
- The City of Sydney’s Lord Mayor Clover Moore is remarkable in her own right
None of those ring any bells I’m sorry
literally the only thing that makes sydney culturally relevant to people that live in australia is mardi gras